Men's Day of Prayer - October 20, 10am-2:30pm
"WE need to find God, and He cannot be found in noise and restlessness.... For the more we receive in silent prayer, the more we can give in our active life." - Mother Teresa
- Day begins at 10am with a brief introduction of the day and light refreshments.
- Silence will be maintained throughout the entirety of the day.
- Optional prayer reflections, based on the Gospel of the day, will be offered to inform your prayer time.
- Lunch is served at 12:00pm.
- A gathering wrap-up session will be offered at 2:00pm.
- Your day can be extending by partaking in the sacrament of Reconciliation at Ste. Marie's Parish from 2:30-3:30pm, followed by the Vigil Mass at 4:00pm.
Men's Ignatian Directed Retreat - November 16-17.
"[God] requires us to be silent to discover Him. In the silence of the heart, He speaks to us. We need to be alone with God in silence to be renewed and be transformed. Silence gives us a new outlook on life. In it we are filled with the energy of God Himself, which makes us do all things with joy."~Mother Teresa: Contemplative in the Heart of the World
- If you have never experienced a silent retreat, this is an opportunity to encounter God in the silence of Joseph House. It can be a life changing experience.
- Arrival is anytime after 4:00pm on Friday.
- Retreat begins at 5:30pm on Friday. Dinner with shared conversation is at 6:00pm. Silence is entered after dinner and will be maintained throughout the entirety of the retreat until dinner on Saturday evening.
- 20 min. opportunities for Spiritual Direction will be offered.
- Retreat ends with departure at 7:30pm on Saturday.
*Please make full payment upon arrival. Checks (made payable to: Joseph House) or cash are accepted.